Student Dress Code and Appearance Policy
Student Dress Code and Appearance Policy Summary
Effective August 28, 2017
NOTE: Items in BOLD in the following summary have been added for clarification to points within the Student Dress Code and Appearance Policy:
Shirts and Tops:
- Must have a collar and be any solid color.
- With the exception of small brand/manufacturer’s logos/labels, shirts/tops may not contain insignias, logos, labels, graphics, embroidery, words or pictures ("monograms" are not permitted).
- Must be appropriately sized and long enough to cover the midriff, chest and back of the body when sitting and standing.
Bottoms (Jumpers, Pants - including Jeans, Yoga Pants & Leggings, Capris, Shorts, Skorts and Skirts) and Dresses:
- Must be solid khaki, black or navy in color, with the exception of dresses which may be any solid color.
- Must be of sufficient length. May not be above the student’s fingertips when the student’s arms are relaxed at his/her sides.
- Denim bottoms must be solid khaki, black, or navy ("blue jeans" are permitted) and contain no holes or cuts.
- With the exception of small brand/manufacturer’s logos/labels, bottoms and dresses may not contain insignias, logos, labels, graphics, embroidery, words or pictures.
- Must be appropriately sized. No baggy or sagging pants or shorts are allowed. No “low rise” clothing is allowed. Pants and shorts must be worn with the waistband at or above the hipbone.
- Dresses must have a collar and sleeves.
- Footed tights may be worn under pants, capris, shorts, skorts, skirts, dresses or jumpers. No fishnet stockings allowed.
- If belts are worn, they must not be oversized and must be buckled.
- Must be worn at all times. Must conform to requirements for specific classes or activities as necessary such as PE, JROTC, science labs, etc. No bedroom slippers allowed. If shoes have laces, must be laced and tied.
- Solid colored sweatshirts, sweaters, jackets, coats, hoodies and vests may be worn over school attire. With the exception of small brand/manufacturer’s logos/labels, outerwear may not contain insignias, logos, labels, graphics, embroidery, words or pictures.
- Hoodies and hooded jackets may not have the hood covering the head while in the school building. Violation may result in not being allowed to wear a hoodie at school.
Spirit Wear and School Club Wear:
- Principals, at their discretion, will have the authority to approve school spirit wear and school club wear to be worn on any school day. This includes t-shirts, sweatshirts, fleece jackets, and hoodies.
Other Clothing Items or Accessories:
- Clothing must be worn as intended.
- Undergarments may not be visible at any time. No see-through or mesh clothing permitted.
- Gang-related clothing or accessories are not permitted.
- Headwear, sunglasses and bandanas are not permitted.
- Solid color, patterned or striped ties may be worn.
Noncompliance with this policy is a violation of the Student Code of Conduct and will be subject to the consequences therein. See full policy 4316 for details on religious or medical waivers, special activity accommodations, and principal exceptions.