Parents for Public Schools of Pitt County (PPS-PC) will offer a Parent Engagement Program (PEP) open to parents and other community members who want to strengthen public schools in Pitt County. Participants will be selected on the basis of:
· Leadership potential
· Interest and/or active participation in schools and community
· Willingness to develop and implement a leadership plan
· Commitment to attend all sessions and to maintain an ongoing connection with the PPS network
Participants are selected without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, familial status, or national origin. There will be no charge for participation.
PPS-PC will provide data-driven, customized training that meets and exceeds Title I parent engagement requirements by authentically engaging parents and improving schools in the process. By working with school administrators and teachers, our parents will reduce barriers to learning and bring the community into the process of strengthening schools.
The PEP training for the 2015-2016 school year includes the following dates from 8:30 am-2:30 pm on the third Wednesday of each month.
· October 21, 2015- United Way of Pitt County
· November 18, 2015- Greenville-Pitt County Chamber of Commerce
· January 20, 2016 - Koinonia Christian Center Church
· February 17, 2016- Community Schools and Recreation
· March 16, 2016- Greenville-Pitt County Chamber of Commerce· April 20, 2016- United Way of Pitt County· May 18, 2016- Pitt County Board of Education Board Room – 3rd floorSample PEP Session ModulesCommon Core CurriculumLearning StylesData and Decision MakingLearning Supports at HomeFinance and GovernanceLeadership and AdvocacySpecial NeedsTechnologyClick here to download an application for the Parent Engagement Program.