Inclement Weather Procedures
In order to support the safety and well-being of students and staff, Pitt County Schools has outlined the following procedures in case of inclement weather.
If a change in the school schedule is necessary due to inclement weather conditions, an announcement will be posted to the following:
- Connect 5 phone notification system to all students and staff
- Pitt County Schools website
- Pitt County Schools inclement weather message line at (252) 830-3535
- Pitt County Schools social media
- Local media outlets, including television, radio, and newspapers
While keeping in mind the unpredictability of the weather and that forecasts can change quickly, every effort will be made to provide announcements as far in advance as possible so that students, parents and staff can plan accordingly.
No announcement means that school will operate on regular schedule.