• girl smiling  
    Pitt County Schools Open Enrollment
    Effective immediately, requests for open enrollment will not be processed until further notice.
    In an effort to increase enrollment and maximize opportunities, a student may be reassigned to another Pitt County School by participating in open enrollment. Consideration for such assignments will be based upon Board policy (click here to see Board Policy 4150:  School Assignment).
    Procedure for Requests
    The following steps shall be taken if a parent/guardian wishes to transfer a student to a school other than the assigned school:

    1)  A request must be initiated by the parent/guardian of the student involved by completing Student Reassignment Form 4150-A.


    2)  The Student Reassignment Form must be delivered to the Pitt County Schools Student Assignment office. We are located at: 1717 W. Fifth St., Greenville, NC. Parents may also email completed forms to: kweath@pitt.k12.nc.us 


    3)  Open enrollment applications will only be accepted between March 1 and June 1 prior to the year of enrollment.  Only applications received by March 15 will be eligible for entry into a lottery should an open enrollment school become full, per Policy 4150:  Student Assignment.


    4)  All approved kindergarten through 12th grade transfers will be for the exit grade of the school for which they are approved unless otherwise stated.

    Note: PCS is currently not accepting faxed forms. 
    No PCS bus transportation will be provided to students not attending school in the district in which they live. 
    Athletic Participation 
    The Pitt County Board of Education has implemented a one-year moratorium for athletic participation on any student who accepts an open enrollment transfer to D.H. Conley, J.H. Rose and South Central High Schools. Any student who falls into this category must sit out all sports for one year from the transfer date. This does not apply to rising 9th graders.