The Pactolus Media Center is the hub of our school! This is not just a place where students can check-in and check-out books, but a place where students come to get information! Our media center offers books, e-books, audio books and various resources. If you have a question, the media center is the best place to come get the answer.
Things are different this year! Our library has gone virtual. Check it out below.
Policies and Procedures
Book Circulation will look a little different this year. There will be no students in the Media Center until further notice. Below are the procedures we are using per PCS recommendations until we are told otherwise.
FACE TO FACE Students:
- Students k-5
- Students are allowed to check out books from a special cart created for their grade level.
- Students may place a hold on a book in Destiny and the book will be available during their next Media/Technology Enore class.
- Media/Technology Encore is the time only k- 5 FACE TO FACE students will be able to check out books.
- Middle School
- Students place holds in Destiny on books and they will be delivered to homeroom classrooms each morning while students are FACE TO FACE.
- Books for check-in will be collected from homeroom classrooms daily between 8:15 - 8:45.
- There is a 24 hour processing time for book available from the library.
100% VIRTUAL Students:
- Students place a hold on a book in Destiny.
- Holds take 24 hours to process
- Processed books may be picked up from the front door daily between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm.
- Overdue books can be dropped into the book drop at the front door.
- Check out limits are as follows:
- K-2 Face to Face
- 4 books
- 3- 8 Face to Face
- 6 books
- 100 % Virtual
- 5 books
- K-2 Face to Face
- Books will be overdue after 4 weeks.
- Books will not be checked out to students with overdue books or library fines.
Stemeracy is the combination of STEM + LITERACY!