Eastern is a place for teaching and learning. We believe that each student can learn the intended curriculum.
All students do not bring with them the same background of experiences and abilities, nor do they learn in uniform ways. Recognizing these differences, our school must provide a varied and adaptable educational program.
We see as our purpose to provide a curriculum and environment in which each student will have the opportunity to:
- Experience continuing progress.
- Develop communication and computational skills.
- Develop a realistic and positive self-image, demonstrate emotional stability, and establish an awareness of personal values.
- Develop the ability to think logically, critically, and creatively.
- Show respect and concern for others and accept the responsibilities of citizenship and self-discipline.
- Develop an appreciation for fine arts.
- Attain physical competencies.
To achieve these goals, it is essential that cooperative relationships exist among teachers, administrators, office personnel, food services, custodial staff, parents, and community volunteers.
At Eastern, we strive to provide an education that will prepare each child to become a responsible and productive citizen in our democratic society.