Welcome to the Sugg Bundy Media Center!
Our media center is the heart of our school. Here students can learn digital and information literacy, engage in makerspace activities, hear a story, and find a favorite book!
The Sugg/Bundy Elementary School Media Center serves H. B. Sugg Elementary School (K-2) and Sam D. Bundy Elementary (3-5) School. Both schools together serve over 850 students.
Media Center Policies 2019-2020
The media center is open for checkout from 8:30 AM-11:30 AM and from 12:15-2:00 PM daily unless otherwise posted. We are not open before 8:30 AM due to Smart Block and Clubs, and we close daily from 11:30-12:15 for lunchtime and meetings.
Teachers should use the Sign Up Genius app or site to sign up for whole class checkouts.
- Students may check out books during scheduled class time or during free checkout times.
- Kindergarten students may check out one book at a time.
- 1st-2nd grade students may check out two books at a time.
- 3rd - 5th grade students may check out three books at one time.
- 4th and 5th grade students who are on the Battle of the Books team may check out four books at a time. One book must be a EBOB book.
- Students may come to the library no more than twice a week to check out books so they don't miss valuable instructional time.
- Students must pay to replace lost or damaged books. Until books are paid for, checkouts will be limited to one book.
- All students are assigned a computer login and must use their own login when on the computer.
- Students will use the Internet for appropriate reasons and may post their work online as decided by school faculty.
School Board Policies
To see Pitt County Schools School Board policies related to the media center and other instructional issues, please click here.
While the 2019-2020 school year will be Mrs. Lamb's first in the Sugg Bundy Media Center, she is no stranger to our school or libraries. She was previously a 5th grade ELA teacher and the AIG teacher at Bundy, before moving to serve as the AIG teacher at Farmville Middle for one year. Prior to moving back to Eastern NC in 2011, she taught several grades and was a Media Coordinator in Georgia. She does not have any children, but she and her husband are the parents of a rambunctious rescue dog named Eddie Munster.
Ms. Turnage has been in the media center for three years, and before that was a teacher assistant for various grades at H.B. Sugg.
Mrs. Gabrielle Lamb, Media Coordinator
Ms. Lisa Turnage, Media Clerk