The Mission Statement for Grifton School
Grifton School will ensure that all students are provided a rigorous and personalized education that prepares them for the ever-changing challenges of the 21st century.
The vision of Grifton School is to create globally aware, lifelong learners that are independent, yet able to collaborate with each other. Our students will demonstrate higher order thinking skills and become technologically aware through the implementation of the Common Core. Grifton students will exhibit leadership skills and will become morally responsible citizens.
Grifton School is a place for teaching and learning the intended curriculum. All students do not bring with them the same background of experiences or abilities. Recognizing these differences, our school must provide a varied and adaptable educational program. Our purpose is to provide a curriculum and environment in which each student will have the opportunity to:
- experience continuing academic progress
- develop communication and computational skills
- integrating the use of media and technology
- demonstrate emotional stability
- develop the ability to think logically, critically and creatively
- accept the responsibilities of citizenship and self-discipline
- develop an appreciation for the fine arts
- attain physical competencies
In order to achieve these goals it is essential that cooperative relationships exist among and between all school personnel, parents and students. Hopefully all of us together will prepare each student to become a responsible and productive citizen in society.