Today’s school buses are tougher and more diligently maintained than ever before. School bus drivers receive special training in safety and security.
For more information contact:
Amy Hilliard, Asst. Principal
School Bus Rules
- Be on time
- Never run to or from the bus
- Stand back from the curb
- Don’t push or shove
- Stay in your seat
- Don’t yell or shout
- Always obey the driver
- Wait for the driver’s signal before crossing
- Always cross at least ten feet in front of the bus
- Never crawl under a school bus
Meet the Bus
Coordinate with other parents to ensure an adult is present at the bus stop every day, especially when children under the age of nine are present.
Important Bus Route Information
The School Bus schedule that is provided should be viewed as a guide. Traffic congestion, weather conditions and changes in student ridership patterns will affect the schedule. Please follow these school ridership guidelines.
- Be at your bus stop about 10 minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive
- Walk on the sidewalk to the bus stop, but if there is no sidewalk, walk on the left facing traffic
- While at the bus stop, wait quietly in a safe place well away from the road
- If it is necessary to cross the road at the bus stop, do so only when the way is clear, the bus has stopped and the stop sign and warning lights are activated
- Walk; don’t run, when crossing the road at the bus stop. Cross far enough in front of the bus so that you can see the bus driver and the bus driver can see you