The Pitt County Schools Curriculum Guide provides parents and students with all of the information needed to make informed decisions about course selection.Please review links below.Reference Materials
Understanding Course Levels
- Promotion Standards
- Graduation Credit Checklist
- Occupational Course of Study Graduation Checklist
- Understanding Math Substitution
- How to select your courses in Powerschool? - Video
- Career & College Promise with PCC. See your counselor for an application.
- NC Career Clusters Guide (pdf for download at 116 pages)
- Standard - This course level offers students instruction and guidance through activities and assignments to adequately achieve understandings in the course content.
- Honors - Honors classes are distinguished by the rigor of work and depth of study rather than quantity of work. These courses are designed to give the student a more challenging and in-depth experience where students are expected to work independently and accept greater responsibility for their learning.
- Advanced Placement - These courses demand that students are self-motivated, avid, critical readers with a desire to improve already strong writing skills.
- PCVA Overview | More Info - PCS is excited to offer an array of digital learning options through the Pitt County Virtual Academy (PCVA). Some of these are online courses with a teacher from Pitt County while others utilize the NC Virtual Public School (NCVPS). Look for courses with a "VA" listed at the end of the course number.