First Bell: 7:25 am
Tardy Bell: 7:50 am
Dismissal Begins: 2:25 pm
Dear Wintergreen Parents, Guardians and Extended Family,
Very soon, Wintergreen Primary and Intermediate will hold award ceremonies to recognize our students. In preparation for these awards, I am providing to you PCS board policies and school expectations for visitors. A link to Policy Code 5020 is provided.
Policy 5020: All visitors during the school day to report to the administrative office (on awards day, please come to the check-in table); School visitors are expected to comply with all school rules and school board policies including the prohibition of Weapons and Explosives Prohibited; Persons who are subject to policy 5022, Registered Sex Offenders, must comply with the provisions of that policy.
Please observe the following school procedures:
● Cell phones and talking during the awards: Please assist us by modeling quiet voices during the ceremony. When students see audience members talking and conversing, students feel inclined to do the same. Please silence your cell phones to avoid disruption of the ceremony.
● Pictures: We have very limited time for families to take pictures. Please take one picture of your child or your child with a friend.
● Parents/Guardians/Family Members Approaching Teachers and Students: Please do not approach teachers with questions, comments or concerns at any time during the awards ceremony. Instead, please contact your child’s teacher by email or phone following the ceremony. Families should not approach seated children during the awards ceremony.
● Exiting the Awards Ceremony: Our students and teachers will be exiting first. No exceptions. Instructions for exiting will be provided at each ceremony.
● Going to Classrooms: Parents/Guardians/Family Members are not allowed to go to classrooms following awards.
Thank you in advance for supporting our safe and orderly school environment!
Mrs. Cathy C. Kirkland
Principal Wintergreen Primary
5th Grade's Weather StationIn the spring of 2018, Mrs. Katy Shafer received a grant from CenturyLink which included a weather station for our school. Fifth grade spends an entire nine weeks on weather, so this weather station allows students to see real-time data of our actual location. Students across fifth grade will utilize this station for data collection and analysis of weather patterns as they prepare for the Science EOG.CenturyLink provides grant opportunities annually for teachers integrating technology in the classroom. For more information, visit this website.
powered by Ambient Weather
Spirit Wear Guidelines
Parents and Families of Wintergreen Primary and Intermediate students: Please be aware students may only wear SCHOOL APPROVED spirit wear that has been purchased through the PE department at either school. Students may NOT wear clothing made at home as spirit wear attire.
Bus Information: Using Remind
We are now using Remind to notify parents of late buses. To receive these messages, you will need to create a remind account, and join the “Bus Announcements” class (group) using the following link: https://www.remind.com/join/
39ckg. It is not mandatory to receive these notifications, but it is highly encouraged if your child rides a bus to and/or from school.