Social Work


    What do we do? 

    • Address school attendance concerns and referrals to truancy mediation
    • Home visits to seek parental input and involvement
    • Interpretation of school concerns, policies, or procedures to families
    • Conduct groups on various topics as needed (Teen Parenting Group)       
    • Liaison between the school, home, and community
    • Advocate for student and parent rights
    • Assist with student needs related to their education
    • Work with local law enforcement and court system regarding legal issues
    • Homeless student liaison
    • Consultant for DSS involvement
    • Assist with crisis teams/crisis intervention
    • Staff consultation/support
    • Referral to and follow-up with community agencies regarding students’ needs

    How can we help you?

    If you ever have a question about services that a School Social Worker can provide, please don’t hesitate to contact me as below: 


    Tuesday & Thursday: - 830-3570 or 916-4775  

    JH Rose: Monday, Wednesday, & Friday 252-321-3640 ext. 7315



    I will return the call/e-mail as soon as possible.  As always, I am looking forward to working with you and assisting our children and families!

Contact Us

    Phone: (office) 252.830.3570 (cell) 252.916.4775
    @ J. H. Rose High School every Monday, Wednesday, & Friday