What do we do?
- Address school attendance concerns and referrals to truancy mediation
- Home visits to seek parental input and involvement
- Interpretation of school concerns, policies, or procedures to families
- Conduct groups on various topics as needed (Teen Parenting Group)
- Liaison between the school, home, and community
- Advocate for student and parent rights
- Assist with student needs related to their education
- Work with local law enforcement and court system regarding legal issues
- Homeless student liaison
- Consultant for DSS involvement
- Assist with crisis teams/crisis intervention
- Staff consultation/support
- Referral to and follow-up with community agencies regarding students’ needs
How can we help you?
If you ever have a question about services that a School Social Worker can provide, please don’t hesitate to contact me as below:
Tuesday & Thursday: - 830-3570 or 916-4775
JH Rose: Monday, Wednesday, & Friday 252-321-3640 ext. 7315
I will return the call/e-mail as soon as possible. As always, I am looking forward to working with you and assisting our children and families!
LATONYA GRIMES, MSW, LCSW
Phone: (office) 252.830.3570 (cell) 252.916.4775
@ J. H. Rose High School every Monday, Wednesday, & Friday