Enrollment and Course Registration Information

  • New Student Enrollment Information

    Welcome to J.H. Rose High School. We look forward to working with you and your student during his/her high school career. Below are the procedures used for new student enrollment in Pitt County Public School System.
    1. Withdraw your student from his/her previous school.
    2. Call J.H. Rose High School Student Services Office at (252) 321-3640 to schedule an appointment to enroll your students.
    3. Bring the following documents when enrolling:
      • Proof of residence: signed lease for house or apartment, current public gas, water, or electric bill or closing agreement
      • Student’s transcript
      • Most recent report card with grades and attendance
      • Withdrawal form from your previous school.
      • Student’s Immunization Records
      • Student’s birth certificate
    If applicable to your student: Any other documents for student placement (IEP, Section 504 etc.)

    Enrollment Information

    To enroll as a student at J. H. Rose High School you will need to fill out the enrollment packet. Please come to the school and pick these up from Mrs. Pam, our registrar or download and print the forms on our Resources Page.  Inside the enrollment packet you will find the J. H. Rose High School Permit to Enroll or "green sheet," the NC Wise Enrollment Form, several signature pages, and the PCS Network and Internet Parent/Guardian Consent Form.

    Course Registration Information

    Registration takes place in the Spring of each school year. Students will be given recommendations from previous teachers based on classroom performance. Students will be given a window of several days to complete their registration request in Power School. Once the student window closes the counselors will meet with each student individually to be sure the requested courses are appropriate for the student. Parents and Students can find information on registration and courses in the Pitt County Schools High School Registration Guide found here.