• How to Enroll Your Child
    State law requires that a child must be five years old before August 31 in order to enter kindergarten for the 2014-15 school year.
    By board policy, students are assigned to schools based on the attendance area in which they live.  Kindergarten  students and students new to Pitt County Schools should register at the assigned school.  Parents may contact the Student Assignment Office at 252-830-4255 to find out  school assignment. To  enroll a student, parents should take the following documents to the school:

    • Birth Certificate
    • Immunization Records
    • Court order for guardianship (if student is living with someone other than the parent)
    • Two proofs of residence  
    When entering the Pitt County Schools from another district, parents should also take the following information to the school:
    • Name, Telephone Number and Address of previous school attended
    • Report Card or Grade Placement Information



Last Modified on August 11, 2015