School Health ProgramThe School Health Program is a partnership between Pitt County Schools and Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center employs our staff of professional registered nurses that have multiple school assignments serving all grade levels. Coordination of health care services is provided to promote healthy lifestyles and behaviors, disease and injury prevention education. They assist with evaluation of specific medical concerns affecting student attendance and achievement. Nurses are instrumental in linking students to health care providers and assisting with coordinating care of children with special health care needs and medication management issues.They develop Individual Health Care Plans and Emergency Action Plans for students in schools with chronic health conditions.
The Pitt County Schools Health Offices have partnered with CareDox to provide accurate, real-time, health information for all students. CareDox is a secure student health documentation system that adheres to both FERPA and HIPAA regulations to ensure the confidentiality of your student’s health information. Coming August 2017, CareDox can be accessed by parents via computers, tablets, and/or smartphones to provide maximum accessibility.
With CareDox, we will be:
- Automating the collection of student health history.
- Empowering parents/guardians to fill out health forms only once during the lifetime of their child.
- For the following years, we will be able to reuse the previously filled out information that can be updated by you. Just tell us what’s changed!
- Notifying parents when their children come to the Health Office and if they pass or fail screenings.
- Giving parents access to health information anywhere, anytime.
- Make sure your child’s school has an up-to-date email address to reach you and we will send an email in August 2017 with instructions on how to sign-up and complete your child’s health history.