Testing and Accountability Mission
Data Analytics & Support
- Work with schools, teachers, and staff from across the district to interpret multiple data sources to improve student achievement and analyze/display data in meaningful ways.
- Train and provide other support to staff.
- Manages the EVAAS system for school administrators and district users.
- Work the Department of Student Information to provide consultation to schools and data managers
- Develop Data Dashboards for school and community to monitor, reflect and plan for improvement
Research & Evaluation
- Coordinate and manage state and federal accountability programs in PCS. Interpret legislation, policies, and guidelines governing accountability programs; ensure that information about accountability programs is communicated to school and district personnel; and manage data collections.
- Interpret, analyze and report data from various sources; respond to requests for data and reports; and provide consultation and technical assistance to school personnel, district administration, and others.
- Responsible for program evaluations in the district. Design surveys and other data collection instruments to determine the effectiveness of various educational programs in PCS.
- Collaborate with internal and external researchers to review research projects for approval and monitor study activities within PCS.
- Implement the North Carolina Testing Program.
- Training, supervising, and monitoring of staff assigned to state testing programs;
- Ensure that Pitt County Schools' employees understand and follow the Testing Code of Ethics,
- Ensure that the district adheres to all state requirements for uniformity in test administrations;
- Preparing for and providing technical assistance on state test administrations;
- Coordinate with the departments to utilize screening tools for student identification
- Train, supervise, and monitor school staff assigned to testing programs.
- Providing technical assistance on test administrations.
- Oversees the district's interim assessment program.
- Coordinate with the Technology Department to implement online assessments
Last Modified on September 4, 2020