Accelerated Reader HomeConnect
Use the same username and password you use to log in to AR at school.
Accelerated Reader Bookfinder
Want to to know if the book you are reading has a test? Have books at home but don’t know the level? Use the AR Bookfinder tool to look up that information or suggest tests!
Battle of the Books
Join us this year for a summer reading challenge, open to students and staff. (Parents are welcome too!)
Use the tracking form to keep track of the number of pages you read this summer. You can read print books or e-books on your Kindle, Nook, iPad or other device. Earn points based on the number of pages in each book.
Audiobooks are a great way to pass time on a long car ride, and the whole family can enjoy them! Use the Sora app to access free audiobooks all summer long. (Look under the LINKS section of this page for directions on how to access using your PCS credintals) You can log the number of hours you listen to audio books and earn points for the reading challenge!
Students and staff will turn in a tally sheet to the media center when they return to school in August and every participant who earned at least 10 points will recieve a prize. Special prizes will be awarded to the top point earner in each category! **One prize per person, so in some cases, the second place total may be awarded the prize. In the event of a tie, all participants with the same total will be awarded a prize.
#HopeReadingChallenge suggested reading lists
Hope Middle Media Center welcomes book donations. Please follow the guidelines below:
- Please donate books that are age-appropriate. We can’t accept adult novels or elementary school level books. Also, if books have been stored and have dust or mold, we can’t accept them.
- Please donate books that are only “slightly used”. If it’s too disgusting for you to keep, please just throw it away.
- We do NOT give receipts for income tax purposes. Regrettably, we are not equipped to do this.
- We reserve the right to use the books in the way that is best for our school. This means that your donation may be placed in our collection, or may be used as an incentive/prize for students, or may be passed along to another teacher, school or organization.
- We do accept monetary donations which we will use to purchase needed books for our collection. In case of a monetary donation, gift plates will be placed in the front cover of the book(s) with the donor’s name and school year on it.
- If you are interested in purchasing new books for our collection, please check with Mrs. Below for suggestions before making a purchase.
2995 Mills Road
Greenville, NC 27858
Contact Mrs. Below for usernames and passwords.