School Hours and Address
Hope Middle School
2995 Mills Road
Greenville, NC 27858
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 3:35 pm
Click on the link to see the daily announcements if you missed them on the intercom. You can click the Notify Me button to receive email notification when it is updated.
Parent Climate Survey
Red Ribbon Week
Innovation Early College High School and Pitt County Schools Early College High School Middle School Family Information Sessions
Monday, November 4, 2019 @ Fulford Auditorium, Room 153 on the PCC Campus
Thursday, November 7, 2019 @ Wellcome Middle School
Thursday, November 14, 2019 @ Farmville Middle School
Tuesday, November 19, 2019 @ EB Aycock
All Sessions Begin at 6:30pm
Science Fair Recognition
Jiah Lee was 1 of 2 students selected to represent NC in the Top 300 MASTERS in the Broadcom MASTERS national middle school science competition! This is a tremendous accomplishment! Way to go Jiah! We are so proud of you and this accomplishment!
YEARBOOKS: Are on sale now, $35 each! Order now for a discounted price!
Register at www.treering.com
Yearbook sales will only be offered ONLINE. Order before Sept 30 for a 15% discount. Before Oct 31 for a 10% discount. Before Nov 30 for a 5% discount. Orders placed between December 1 and March 30 will the pay full price of $35.
School code is 1015548213972745
Upcoming Clubs and Activities
Quill Team - Quill team members who are part of Argumentative Writing Group 1 should plan to meet in Mrs. Griffin’s room after school on Tuesday, October 1st until 4:15. Please make sure you have arranged a ride!
MathCounts - Tryouts next week on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 17 afterschool in the media center for Hope's MathCounts Team. Students trying out will need to have their parents here no later than 4:30 for pickup.
Twelve & Quiz Bowl - Meets on Tuesdays during lunch. 6th graders in Mrs. Mullen's room, Due to the bookfair, 7th and 8th grades will not meet this week. There is a totally optional afterschool practice on Wednesday.
Battle of the Books - Meets on Thursday during lunch in the media center.
Beta Club - The first meeting of the year for BETA club will be on Thursday, Oct 3rd at 7:35AM in Mrs. Eberenz's room. Election of officers will be taking place, please plan to attend.Bridge Club - Every Tuesday after-school, any student or faculty member who would like to learn to play competitive bridge is welcome to attend bridge club in the media center until 5:15. "This is not your grandma's bridge club".Girls in Pearls - Meets on the 1st Tuesday of each month from 3:35-4:45 in Room 517.Science Olympiad - Tryous for Science Olympiad will be Tuesday, Oct 1 from 3:35 -5:30. Visit the Hope website, under the Extracurricular tab to learn more about Science Olympiad and to register. Students must register by Thursday, September 26 to stay for tryouts.FCA - Fellowship of Christian Athletes - Meets every Wednesday morning at 7:40 am in the gym.
Alert Now Message for the week
October 20, 2019
Monday: Volleyball will host Greene County Middle School. The match is set to begin at 4:00
Tuesday: There is a cross country meet at Boyd Lee Park beginning at 4:30
Wednesday: Eligible students will participate in the Candy Man limo ride and volleyball will play at EB Aycock.
Red Ribbon Week will be celebrated Monday October 21- October 26, 2019. The theme is “Send a message, Stay Drug Free”.
- Monday is “Sock-Out Drugs”- Wear your crazy socks with your school uniform.
- Tuesday is “Team up Against Drugs”- Wear your favorite team t-shirt or jersey with a uniform bottom.
- Wednesday is “My Future is Great Without Drugs”-Dress for Success. wearing their successful attire. s do not participate in Dress for Success Day, they should wear their school uniform.
- Thursday is “Put a Cap on Drugs”- Wear your favorite hat with your school uniform.
- Friday is Wear Red Day with your uniform bottom.
Please remember that all attire should be school appropriate.
Some future dates to make you aware of:
10/29: Last Day of 1st 9 Weeks
11/1: PTA will host a fall Dance 6:00-8:00 pm
11/3: PTA Spirit day at Winslow’s Deli. (Brunch/Lunch/Dinner)
11/4: Report Cards go home
11/11: NO school in observance of Veterans Day
“EARLY BIRD” RULES
Parents: Parents may NOT drop off child(ren) until 7:25am. Have your child wait in the car until the door opens. Do NOT drop off your child after 7:55am. Be sure to send your child with $1 each day or you may pre-pay in advance. IOU’s are accepted if your child forgets on occasion but those accounts must be cleared out by Friday of the same week.
- Sign in, pay $1 and take a seat
- Stay in original seat until the dismissal bell (8am).
- Students may use cell phones for music and games but they must have headphones. Students will not be allowed to play music, play games or watch videos aloud.
- Students may NOT take photos, snaps or make posts on social media during Early Bird
- Keep the noise level at a normal talking level- NO shouting or having conversations across the cafeteria.
- You MUST ask to use the restroom. Only 1 person at a time.
- NO FOOD or DRINKS (NO EATING). Breakfast must be eaten before arriving.
- Any “IOU’s” must be settled at the end of the week.
Early Bird is a service provided for you and your parents. However, if you fail to follow the rules, you may be suspended or banned from the Early Bird Program.