Welcome to PTA
The 2018-2019 PTA Board met to discuss events and opportunities for the upcoming school year! We are SO 🤩 EXCITED to start another successful term!
Be sure to stop and SAY HELLO to any of our fellow PTA members during open house next week! (We will be wearing those awesome PTA t-shirts). Each of us would ♥️ to tell you about our family and share WHY we support our PTA! #whyipta #ncpta #chicodpta
Chicod Parent Teacher Association is dedicated to promoting our children's health, wellbeing, and educational success through strong parent, teacher, family, and community involvement.
You can support our Chicod students by joining the PTA. Family memberships are $10.00 per year.
We encourage all parents and guardians to join the PTA! We are dedicated to promoting our Chicod children’s health, wellbeing, and educational success through strong parent, family and community involvement. Please contact us anytime at our general contact information: ChicodPTA@gmail.com or (252) 493-6742. Please also join our group on Facebook, Chicod PTA .
In addition to your membership fee, there are many additional opportunities for you to help. Please consider the many ways you can assist. Some opportunities require minimal time, but make a huge difference. We appreciate any support you can provide to help us promote a positive educational environment at Chicod School.
Fundraising is the primary way the PTA raises funds for Chicod School. To assist you in planning, our fundraising calendar for this school year is as follows:
Why Do We Need Your Support?
You may wonder how the funds that are raised are used to help our Chicod Students. Last year, our PTA spent thousands of dollars to support educational and instructional needs not covered with state and federal funding. Some of these items include:
* Mini-grants awarded to teachers who want to develop special programs or materials to meet specific student needs.
* Classroom technology which allows teachers to teach each child in a manner in which they can best learn.
* Ipads, and Chrome Book Laptops to assist teachers in a state-of-art learning atmosphere.
* Accelerated Reading program which promotes development of reading skills in all grade levels.
* Safety Materials and First Aid Bags for each classroom.
* Funding for Field Day activities which promote exercise and health in a fun and exciting environment.
* $500 Beta Club Scholarship donated to a graduating D.H. Conley student from Chicod School.
* Teacher Appreciation events held throughout the school year.