The Application Process
Only students in their 8th grade year who live in the Pitt County Public School district are eligible to apply for enrollment in IECHS. Please see below for the steps in the application process.
- Attend a student and parent information session if possible. Please see below for dates for the parent information meetings.
- Obtain an application from your child's school counselor or through this website.
- Complete the application in its entirety.
- Turn in completed applications to your middle school counselor. Counselors will submit applications and recommendations to IECHS. Homeschool applicants may turn in their completed applications directly to IECHS by the due date listed on the application.
- IECHS staff scores all applications and notifies students of acceptance for an interview.
- Interviews are scheduled through the student and school counselors.
- Students will be notified of accaptance in the program or of being placed on a wait list after the interview process has closed.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR IS CLOSED.
If you have any questions or run into an issue while completing the application, please do not hesitate to contact us.