Only students in their 8th-grade year who live in the Pitt County Public Schools district are eligible to apply for enrollment in IECHS. Please see below for the steps in the application process.
Want to hear great things and highlights about our school from IECHS students and staff? Then check out the resources below.
Early College Recruitment Video
PCS Inspire Magazine: See IECHS on page 34!!!
The Application Process
- Attend a student and parent information session if possible. Please see below for dates for the parent information meetings.
- October 18, 2022 at 6:00 PM at IECHS Brewster Building C102. Please use the following map for parking information.
- October 25, 2022 at 6:00 PM at Pitt Community College.
- November 10, 2022 at 6:00 PM via Zoom. A Zoom link will be provided closer to the date.
- Complete a paper application available through this website and any PCS Middle School Counselor after October 18th.
- Complete the application in its entirety. Ask your school counselor, teacher, or parent for help completing the application.
- Submit a completed application to your school counselor by January 20, 2023. Counselors will submit counselor section and teacher recommendations to IECHS. Homeschool applicants may submit their completed application, counselor section, and teacher recommendation directly to IECHS by January 20, 2023.
- IECHS staff scores all applications and notifies students of acceptance for an interview.
- Interviews are scheduled by IECHS. Students and middle school counselors are notified of the interview date and time. This process usually occurs in the middle of February.
- Students will be notified of acceptance into the program or of being placed on a waitlist after the interview process has closed. This process usually occurs in late March.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR 2023-2024 IS CLOSED
If you have any questions or run into an issue while completing the application, please do not hesitate to contact us.