2022-2023 Bus Routes
Below are the bus routes that were given to IECHS by the Pitt County Schools Transportation Department. Please be patient as we work through the first few weeks of school and make the needed adjustments to routes. IECHS buses cover the entire area of Pitt County, so some routes may be longer than others. If your leader is assigned a bus and you decide for them to be a car rider, please let Mr. Grant at IECHS know so that he can inform PCS Transportation.
Please use the information below as you make plans for your leader's transportation needs.
Bus Route Information
Bus routes are assigned by the PCS transportation department. Students are assigned bus stops and not always front door pick up. The stop location is your child's bus stop. All students should arrive at the bus stop 15 minutes prior to the posted bus estimated arrival time.
Innovation Early College buses are provided by each traditional high school in district attendance zones. Students will be transported from home directly to the campus of ECU. Students will return home directly from school. At this time PCS transportation has the capability to assign students to a bus and to give a more exact estimate of when the bus pick-up and drop-off times are scheduled.
General Transportation Information
- Parents must follow drop-off location directions. These directions can be found here. Students should not be dropped off at any other location on the ECU campus. As parents arrive in the drop-off lane at school, there will be staff members available to greet students.
Transportation changes must be made in person by a parent or guardian. According to PCS policy, a student cannot change his/her bus pick-up/drop-off location, nor can it be changed through a phone call. All changes must be made in person by a parent or guardian. Pick-up and drop-off areas may not alternate, these locations must remain a permanent part of the route. The route, route times, stop locations, and bus drivers are directed by the Pitt County Schools Transportation Department and not Innovation Early College administration.
If changes need to be made to the usual mode of transportation, a student will need to present a written note from the parent.
For more detailed information about routes or how to add/drop your student from the bus, please contact the PCS transportation department.
School Bus Safety Tips for Students
*New Student Crossing Information*
Walking to the Bus Stop
- Always walk on the sidewalk to the bus stop, never run. If there is no sidewalk, walk on the left facing traffic.
- Go to the bus stop about five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive. While at the bus stop, wait quietly in a safe place well away from the road. Do not run and play while waiting.
Getting On and Off the Bus
- Enter the bus in line with younger students in front. Hold the handrail while going up and down the stairs
- When entering the bus, go directly to a seat. Remain seated and face forward during the entire ride.
Riding the Bus
- Always speak quietly on the bus so the driver will not be distracted. Always be silent when a bus comes to a railroad crossing so the driver can hear if a train is coming.
- Never throw things on the bus or out the windows. Keep the aisles clear at all times. Feet should be directly in front of you on the floor and book bags should be kept on your lap. Large instruments or sports equipment should not block the aisle or emergency exits.
- Never play with the emergency exits. Large instruments or sports equipment should not block the aisle or emergency exits.
- If there is an emergency, listen to the driver and follow instructions.
- Hands should be kept to yourself at all times while riding on the bus. Fighting and picking on others creates a dangerous bus ride.
Exiting the Bus
- If you leave something on the bus, never return to the bus to get it. The driver may not see you come back and she may begin moving the bus. Make sure that drawstrings and other loose objects are secure before getting off the bus so that the do not get caught on the handrail or the door.
- Respect the "Danger Zone" which surrounds all sides of the bus. The "Danger Zone" is ten feet wide on all sides of the bus. Always remain 10 steps away from the bus to be out of the "Danger Zone" and where the driver can see you.
- Always cross the street in from of the bus. Never go behind the bus. If you drop something near the bus, tell the bus driver before you attempt to pick it up, so they will know where you are.
- Never speak to strangers at the bus stop and never get into the car with a stranger. Always go straight home and tell you parents if a stranger tries to talk to you or pick you up.
Information provided by http://www.ncbussafety.org/.