Pitt County Schools
VISION: Pitt County Schools: a system of excellence partnering with family and community to prepare students to function effectively in a rapidly changing world by developing global citizens through academic excellence.
MISSION: The Pitt County Schools will ensure that every student is provided a rigorous and personalized education that prepares them for the ever changing challenges of the 21st century.
MOTTO: Celebrating every child, challenging every learner.
1. Increase cohort graduation rate.
2. Graduate students prepared for post-secondary education.
3. Graduate students pursuing a CTE concentration prepared for careers.
4. Reduce the percentage of students needing remediation in post-secondary education.
5. Increase student performance on the state’s End of Grade (EOG) and End of Course (EOC) Assessments and on the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP).
1. Increase the number of students who graduate from high school with post-secondary credit.
2. Increase the number of teachers and students using digital learning tools.
3. Pitt County Schools will create a STEM-Global Education ready school.
4. Increase the percentage of schools with a performance composite at or above 60% and meeting or exceeding academic growth.
1. Develop and support highly effective teachers.
2. Develop and support highly effective principals.
3. Increase the percentage of effective or highly effective teachers in schools with performance composite below 60% and not meeting or exceeding academic growth.
1. Provide all schools with sufficient wireless coverage to support 1:1 computing initiatives.
2. Pitt County Schools will use Homebase and SchoolNet as an essential resource for instructional delivery, online test administration, and communications with parents and students. PCS will develop common assessments/benchmarks through SchoolNet to be delivered each nine/six weeks.
3. Pitt County Schools administrators will meet all local, state and federal funding guidelines and policies.
1. Every Pitt County school will create and maintain a safe and respectful school environment.
2. Pitt County Schools will promote healthy, active lifestyles for students.
3. Pitt County Schools will decrease the number of students who are chronically absent, dropout, or suspended out of school.
4. Pitt County Schools will decrease violence and crime in every school.