Graduated License Regulations
NOTE: This law affects those who apply for a license or permit after Dec. 1, 1997.Level One - Limited Learner Permit
Level Two - Limited Provisional License
- Must complete driver education
- Must be 15 years of age but less than 18 years of age
- Must pass written, sign and vision test
- All passengers must be restrained by seatbelt or child safety seat
- No one except the driver and the supervising passenger are allowed in the front seat
- First six months authorize you to drive only between the hours of 5 a. m. and 9 p.m.
- During second six months, no time restraints
Level Three - Full Provisional License
- Must be 16 years old, but less than 18
- Must pass road test
- Before graduating to this level, you must have had a permit for twelve months and have no moving violations or seat belt infractions within the preceding six months. All passengers must be restrained by seat belt or child safety seat.
- Upon completion of twelve months with a limited learner permit and six months of driving with a limited provisional license and no violations or seat belt infractions, you are eligible to receive a Level Three License. All passengers must be restrained by seat belt or child safety seat.
Last Modified on August 5, 2021